It depends, of course, on what we (and you) can do with it.
Value of data maps to the value of the products and services built on the data. To create experiences people love, the data should be:
- Broad. Because fitness preferences are fragmented.
- Deep. Because if you know interesting things, you can build stickier products.
- Accurate. Because trust is the hardest thing to build and maintain.
The goal is always more data, with less friction:
To maintain a sustainable advantage in connected strength, and maintain the best strength training data set, we:
Create pathways for a continuous flow of good INBOUND DATA, including:
- Empowering stakeholders to define (and tag) the things that matter to them
- Making tracking available for those who want it
- Investing in machine learning tools to remove friction for users so participation becomes easier over time
Open pathways to clear, meaningful OUTBOUND DATA in usable form to support an ecosystem of products and services, including:
- Publishing an API that is easy to use
- Processing raw data into standard, consumable outputs
- Working with industry partners in open channels to create data standards.
ShapeLog is a business-to-business fitness technology company that believes ‘connected strength training’ is a billion dollar opportunity that requires the participation of many stakeholders from across the fitness industry. We sell and distribute our unique technologies through OEM partners who bring expertise, relationships, and infrastructure to deploy scaleable, bullet-proof solutions. We are active members of the ANT+ Alliance, Consumer Technology Association, and Fitness Industry Technology Council.